Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall and Winter

Fall is quickly ending and Winter is edging in on our territory. Although the idea of Montana Winter is intimidating, the snow makes the mountains here much more aesthetically pleasing. It's as if, to make the Winter less awful, God made everything yellow. Then when the snow comes, one is able to welcome its beauty more easily. Maybe. The week began with rain and cold winds.

We spent an evening carving pumpkins at our friend, Hattie's, House Sunday. Her Cardinals were losing, so she was MIA, but there were other folks to meet. Here is the devastation after the carving...


I like to think this pumpkin was the one I carved. It wasn't. I don't even have a picture of mine.


Here is Dietrich's. Not. haha

And here are the beginnings of Winter outside our window...


We're working on our costumes today. Tuesday we're going to a concert in the evening and we're going to dress up as YWCA super heroes with two other people. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, snow! I'd love to see the beautiful mtns! Take a picture out that way when you can. I'm looking forward to seeing your cool costumes too. If your posse needs some legit-looking pirates, give me and Soren a call and we'll join. :)

    ReplyDelete